tisdag, september 16, 2008

Voss Playrun

Morning glory

Voss Playrun..

Playrun to me is like the Sjoa playrun.. You paddle a playboat and just play and chill all the way down.. Playrun in Voss is not the same.

The first rapid you get to is Morning Glory. It is a wake up call you will remember.
It took me two scouts of it before I ran it.. My line way not the best ever. Got pushed far right and paddled right into the meat of the hole. After a few seconds downtime a popped up behind it. Rolled up and saw… I am backwards… SHIT! Biggest backstroke of my life and I saved it in the last second.. lost my balance a little through the first big wave but got it back to ride the wavetrain out.. Such a sick rapid! Steep, fast and some good volume in there..

The rest of the section is chill.. some nice boofs and other stuff.

One cool rapid.. is the “Kick” rapid.. don´t know the real name of it.
You come around a left turn. Up to a man made old vier typ of thing.. you line up 1 m from the wall.. ride a tiny curler and end up another m from the wall on the kick..
The rapid looks big.. but it is easy and fun.. Right yan? (He swam on it)

m.e.


Putting the backstroke in


Saving the day


Riding it out



John running the kick



Me going down to the kick. Looks big..


Yan having a hard time