tisdag, september 16, 2008

Voss Extremrace

Voss…..Norway
What a place! One of those places that you just love the first second you drive down into the valley.

My trip to Norway this summer was loosely planed.. I bought some food at home and drove the 1000 k´s to Voss. Rolling into Voss a couple of days late for the festival I met up with John from Sweden. What I thought at first when I saw the camp was
- Sweet, John parked his car nice and put up a sweet camp!
Things were not that sweet. John transmission on his hold Caravelle had died few days earlier.

In Voss the festival was rolling on like every festival should. Big comps and big parties.

The extreme race was one of the highlights! Sweet comp. The course was long and hard at some drops, but mostly fun as hell!

I started of with a good ride all the way to the second last drop where I F**ked up it all.. flipt over and got stuck with my arm under water. pissed off I paddled into the finish..

New Zealand it a country of great paddles. And alcohol consumers.. Damn those boys can paddle and drink. Not every kayaker can be good at both!

Here are some pics from the race..

m.e.


Over the big dropp. unknown paddler



Sam sutton looking at the italian paddler


The one and only mike dawson



First slide. Unknown paddler


Marianne paddling over the flatpart



the big drop. Paddler unkown


NZ brad paddling through the slot



Me boffing the last drop

Below. SWE john making his way down